Hillboren.com Review:Personal Injury Lawyer, Medical Malpratice Attorneys, Worker's Compensation - Memphis and Jackson Tennessee Personal Injury Lawyers, Medical Malpractice Lawyer, Car Accident Attorneys, Jackson and Memphis TN Trial Lawyer with a reputation of winning results.
Country: North America, US, United States
City: 78218 San Antonio, Texas
- Michele B. - Bring up the Bodies - a great follow-up to Wolf Hall.Bring Up the Bodies byt Hilary Mantel.
Loved this book.
She's such a smart writer, with a dry wit and an extraordinary way of looking at history.
She makes Thomas Cromwell into a compelling and admirable character.
I hated for the book to end. Hopefully there will be at least one more sequel...
- VicG - Romance And Biblical Historical FictionTessa Afshar in her new book, "Harvest of Rubies" Book One in The Sarah/Darius Series published by River North Fiction Division of Moody Publishers takes us back to Biblical Persia 457 B. C.
From the Back Cover: Remarkable talent Threatens to cloud a life
The prophet Nehemiah has a cousin who can speak several languages, keep complex accounts, write on rolls of parchment and tablets of clay, and solve mysteries.
This cousin is catapulted into the center of the Persian court - working long hours, rubbing elbows with royalty, and completing high-level tasks as a scribe for the queen.
Not bad, for a woman living in a man's world.
The talented Sarah has a glowing future, and those closest to her believe her good fortune is the product of none other than God's glorious design. Yet a devastating past has left Sarah with two strong conclusions: that God does not love her, and that her accomplishments are the measure of her worth.
The only thing that will help her escape her idol of success, Sarah must learn to love and be loved - a task that could prove dangerous.
I like history and Tessa Afshar, if she wasn't a writer of fiction, would make a great historian. Now add in that "Harvest of Rubies" is Biblical historical fiction and we have a full-blown winner. "Harvest of Rubies" takes place at the time of Nehemiah, the cup-bearer to King Artaxerxes, who will return, later, to Jerusalem and rebuild her walls. He has his own book in the Bible. Sarah is his cousin and she does the unthinkable at that time, which is to learn to read, write and do numbers. Eventually, this gets her promoted to being the Queen's scribe but none of these accomplishments give her a feeling of self-worth. When Sarah solves a mystery for the Queen, the Queen rewards her with a husband which doesn't work out so well at first. Now Sarah, with a little help, must deal with her self-worth issues and then, with her husband's help, once again come to the aid of the Queen. As I said if you enjoy history like I do then this book is for you. Ms. Afshar really makes you feel the heat and the dust. Every one of her characters seem to come alive and it is like actually being there in Persia with them. "Harvest of Rubies" is all about loving who God made you to be, families and relationships and that is what makes this book a winner. I enjoyed this book a lot and am looking forward to the next one.
If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to Kingdom Highlights where they are available On Demand.
To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station Kingdom Airwaves
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for free from Wynn-Wynn Media for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
- Jason E. Heidemann - Life-saverBest book regarding Crohn's, I've been on the diet for 2+ years, no hosptial stay overs, no fevers, no PROBLEMS. I have been off meds for 1.5 years, get this book and search google for "SCD" diet, start cooking the food today! Since Highschool I was sick with Crohn's, always at a hosptial and doctors gave me steriod meds. Then in Grad school, a havard med student I know, who has Crohn's passed this book onto me, it worked for him, it worked for me, it works.
- Pluckman - For What Its WorthReceived the CD/DVD set in the mail on Friday, haven't watch the DVD yet, but the CDs are fantastic, especially as I saw CSN play Melbourne (Australia) on March 29, and Crosby had lost his voice, but the show went on anyway, and it was still top notch, and the sell out crowd loved it! Yes, we are all getting older, but the music is still great, and that is what we went for and why we buy a set like this. If you like the guys individual stuff, or Crosby/Nash, CSN or CSN&Y, especially their older stuff, just buy it and enjoy!
- Colorado Hermit "ColoradoHermit" - This is a really nice hot beverage maker.Since the small mountain town in Colorado that I live in doesn't have one of those Starbucks or anything like that I've never had a chance to have one of those Latte things. I've heard a lot about them so when I had a chance to get one of these I jumped on it. As a machinist for over 20 years I appreciate a well made machine that does what its supposed to do and does it well. This Mr. Coffee Cafe Latte machine is one of those machines that is well designed and does what its supposed to do. There's only one thing that I would change and that is to add a clear window in the side of the water tank to see how much water you are putting in it. The way it is you cant really tell its full until water is running out the overflow hole in the back of it. Inside the water tank it has three steps. The lower 2 are for the water level for one or two drinks. The first time I used it I thought the top, or third step was the high water mark. Until I had water running all over my counter top! So when they update the design of this I hope they put in a see through window on the water tank.
Being able to use this for making hot beverages like hot chocolate is great! Just add water to the pot, I like to add a little whole milk too making it about half and half, add the instant Cocoa mix, put the top on the pot and set the pot in the machine. Switch it to heat & froth and push down the lever to start its cycle. Its little frothing shaft mixes the Cocoa while its heating and automatically shuts off when its hot. Making a nice small pot of Hot Cocoa with a foamy frothy top only needing you to add some small marshmallows to make it perfect. It works really well for making Hot Cocoa with just milk and Ovaltine too.
Did my first Chocolate Latte with it a little bit ago. Since I've never had one before I'm not sure what its supposed to be like but whether I did it right or not, it still came out tasting pretty good to me! Made a double and it had just the right amount of froth and I used a "Primula Double Wall Glass Mug with Tea Bag Buddy" to drink it out of. Without the "Tea Bag Buddy" of course. ;) This double wall mug kept it nice and hot till I finished it. Since our winter cold weather has just started here in Colorado I think I'll get a lot more use out of this, and the mug, then I thought I would when I first got them. If you don't have a favorite large mug to use with this I suggest getting one of the "Primula Double Wall Glass Mug with Tea Bag Buddy". It may be intended for tea but its great for these Latte things too.
Just a little update. I thought I'd experiment and try using some Chocolate Ovaltine in the milk for the chocolate flavor making a Coffee Latte. Well, got the chocolate flavor alright, but for some reason or other the Ovaltine kept the milk from frothing up. No froth, no foam, or anything even close. It still tasted good, but scratch Ovaltine off the list of things to try making a Cafe Latte with if you like the foam on it. ;-Þ
- 2nd Update 12/26/11
I have been using this for almost 3 weeks now. I've averaged two double Coffee Latte's a day with it so I don't feel I've been over using it. Starting 3 or 4 days ago the little motor in the pots lid that runs the frothing thing started getting a little louder with its motor hum. When cleaning it I notice the spindle of the motor didn't turn as smooth as it did when I first got it. When I first got it and was checking it out, with my fingers the spindle of the little motor rotated very smooth. Today when I made my first pot of Latte it didn't have any foam or froth on it at all. I used the same ingredients that I've been using for my favorite mix so I know it wasn't because I changed something in it. While it was brewing I noticed that it was making a louder hum than usual and it wasn't a steady sound. When I first started using it the frothing motor was so quiet I could hardly hear it. When I used the Heat & Froth to warm up the leftover second cup it did make a little froth on it that time. But not even close to as much as it has been. What I think all this adds up to is the little motor for the frothing is going out. When I first got it and saw how small the motor was, I wondered if it was going to last very long. Guess I found out. Now I'll have to see if Mr. Coffee will replace it or not.
If anybody else has the same problem could you leave a comment below and let me know? Thanks.
I sent a email to MrCoffee after writing my update above on 12-26-11. I received a response today, 12-30-11, with a shipping notice and tracking number for a replacement lid assembly. I also found that the usual replacement cost of a lid assembly is $14.99. A replacement pot assembly is $24.99. Since the pot has a heating element in it you cant just replace the glass pot. For both a lid and pot assembly with shipping, $8.50, it will cost $50.61 to replace both of them. I will have to see how long the new lid/motor assembly last to see if its worth its replacement cost.