Animalmedicaltas.com.au Review:Animal Medical Centre - Your Local Vet in Launceston Tasmania | Animal Medical Centre Vet Hospital - Launceston, Newstead, Punchbowl, Sandhill, Trevallyn - Call us at Animal Medical Centre for all your pet health needs. From vaccination to surgery, we're here to help your pets be healthy and happy
Country: North America, US, United States
City: 94107 San Francisco, California
- Rosalina Jimenez "Rosesays" - At the top of my list!!So far I have read a plethora of relationship books and this one is at the top of my list. It's a quick read about 225 pages, all you need is the first four chapters! This book is raw! Kara King tells it like it is. If you are sensitive and have a low self esteem toughen up, get a therapist. She lets you know that lack of confidence in no way will attract a man. If you want to know what attracts and deters men from your path, this is the book for you. For those who have read only a few pages of this book and believe Kara King is a man basher, you didn't read far enough into the book. I highly suggest chapter 6 in which the author tells us ladies that we tend to over look the good guys for shallow reasons. I have to say she's right, both sexes are guilty of choosing a partner with looks over brains.
I do however suggest that you read more then just one book to empower yourself. Broadening your knowledge and communication skills is what will lead you to finding the right man. As of now I have many dates lined up and i'm very much pursued by the opposite sex. I owe it all to developing self confidence and researching. The following books should be read as well: Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man by Steve Harvey, Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov. If you feel you need to work on your communication skills with the opposite sex you must read Men are from Mars Women are from Venus by John Gray. Not only will your communication skills improve you will gain insight as to why men act the way they do. What makes them tick and most of all how to complement a man with positive affirmations, this builds your confidence and his! He's happy your happy, there will be less nagging involved and more peace, I promise! I also feel in todays technologically advanced society females are easily available, when access should be limited to the opposite sex. Learn how to handle yourself via text messaging, e-mailing, and of course social networking sites such as Facebook. A great book that covers these topics would be Not Your Mothers Rules By Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider. And finally if you feel you have been duped, played, etc you need to look for red flags and this advice goes to both men and women. There are people out there who are quite successful at playing others and you need to be capable of detecting such types. They get away with it because their experts and have been for quite some time. I recommend The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. Not everyone is out to get you but be aware of those who carry these unique personality traits. Detecting BS is half the battle. As knowledgeable as I am now I use my wisdom to the best of my abilities and I do not lead others on. Once you acquire the needed confidence do not forget to treat others the way you would like to be treated. If someone no longer interest you, make sure you state it kindly. Good luck to all of you!
- B. Miller "That Guy" - Best Android Tablet to dateI have used my fair share of tablets (Android, iPads, Playbook) and though I doubt that the Asus Transformer Prime (ATP) will win over many of the Apple lovers, I have to say that this is without doubt the best tablet I have ever used. The ATP is sleek, slim and sturdy. The materials used to build it give it the quality feel you would expect in a device of this price range. The performance is second to none. The battery life is better than advertised and the GPS is functional if not phenomenal. I have not had any of the wifi issues reported, but I did do the squeeze trick before turning it on the first time so that may be part of the reason. ICS is far smoother on the ATP than it is on any other Android tablet. Once connected to the keyboard dock this awesome tablet becomes a great netbook with even better battery life. If you're in the market for a tablet this one is at least one worth looking at, but if you know you want an Android the ATP is the one to buy. I have not been so happy with a purchase in a while.
- C. M Mills "Michael Mills" - The beautiful and enigmatic Anne Boleyn is tracked down and executed in a chilling tale of murder, intrigue, sex and death,Hilary Mantel is a great historical novelist! Mantel soared to fame by producing "Wolf Hall" winner of Great Britain's Man Booker Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction. Wolf Hall told the story of Henry the VIII's desire to divorce Katherine of Aragon his first wife. Henry was upset that this Spanish daughter of Ferdinand and Isabella had been unable to produce a male child. Her only child was Mary (later known as Bloody Mary., She was a strong Roman Catholic believer who was an aunt to Charles V ruler of the Holy Roman Empire. Henry had been seduced by the fetching Anne Boleyn. After Henry divorced Katherine he quickly wed Anne. She also failed to produce a male heir for evil Henry. Her only child was Elizabeth I (1533-1603) who would prove to be the greatest Queen in English history. Anne was a student of the Protestant movement in Europe and a fan of Wlliam Tyndale the English translator of the Bible and Martin Luther the famous German Lutheran.
"Bring Up the Bodies" is the sequel to "Wolf Hall." In this 410 page book we see events of 1535-36 through the eyes of Thomas Crowell the Master Secretary to Henry. Wolf Hall was the ancestral home of the Seymour family. Henry became infatuated with the plain faced and virginal Jane Seymour for whom he rid himself of Anne. Jane would give birth to King Edward VI. The book covers the death of Katherine of Aragon living under house arrest; the arrest and execution of Anne of Boleyn and several of her lovers and the rising star of Thomas Cromwell in the constellation of Henry VIII's universe
The story of Anne Boleyn's rise and fall has been told in countless novels, films and plays. When then does Mantel's work stand out from many of the more mediocre productions? In this humble reviewer's opinon the reasons are many. Among them:
a. Mantel knows how to make a familiar story read like a new tale as she uses poetical language to make the reader feel as if she/he were actually on the scene in sixteenth century England. You can almost feel the chill of the castles and the beauty of an English springtime set amidst the turmoil and terror of political and religion intrigue.
b. Mantel has chosen well in selecting Thomas Cromwell as her eyes and ears. Cromwell rose from a blacksmith's shop in Putney to wield power under the fallen Cardinal Wolsley and to serve as Henry VIII's "hit man" adept at cleaning up the fat king's marital affairs.
c. Mantel is a master of dialogue. She is especially keen to make us feel the horror suffered by the lovers of Anne prior to their execution. Cromwell was a master inquisitor in ferreting out treason.
d. Mantel knows how to produce tension and drama so our fingers keep flipping the pages.
There are quibbles to make. There are many characters to keep track of in the story. Those familiar with Tudor history will do better at keeping them straight than novices to this period of English history. Mantel does provide a helpful list of the characters at the beginning of the novel. This revieweer is looking forward to the next book in the Thomas Cromwell series.
Congratulations to Hilary Mantell for a great novel well researched and written. The novel deserves the success it has already achieved!
- Cynthia "Andante Cantabile" - Best foundation I've ever usedThis is the best foundation I've ever used. Though I'm in my 50's I have oily skin and still break out sometimes. I also have sensitive skin. I know it seems counterintuitive to put dry powder on mature skin but it does not sit on top. As with all makeup it's important to blend it and especially with this product to be careful not to use too much. It will look like it's sitting on top your skin but give it a few minutes and somehow it blends and looks very natural. My only complaint is I wish they made a color lighter than fair and that the SPF was higher than 15. I live in Southern California and it would be nice to protect my skin more from the bright sun. By the way Fair has no green/yellow tones in it. It works best on ruddier skin.
- JBMarketplace - I LOVE QUICKBOOKS. Easy to manage my online store [...]Quickbooks is simply to use once you play around with it for a little while. There is also a help button that you can click on to get help if you dont understand something. I use it all the time for my online business It provides me with graphs and tracks all my revenues and expenses. would recommend it to anyone. JBMarketplace is an online business that sells wholesale, make up, pet supplies, home goods, home decor and much more. Check us out and you will realize we are the cheapest and carry name brand products.